All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe habitats of Great Britain, Europe and Africa boast some of the most interesting and adaptable members of the avian world. This accessible and fully illustrated guide presents some of the rare and familiar species of these lands. From the grace of a mute swan to the striking casque of an African crowned hornbill, each has the power to enthrall. An expert, accessible introductionexplains how birds evolved, their different habitats and habits and gives practical tips on fieldcraft. A directory of over 560 species features intricate artworks, and details everything from variable plumage to bill shapes, distribution, size, food, eggs and nests.
- Author BiographyDavid Alderton has had a lifelong interest in birds, and has travelled widely, observing them on every continent in a wide range of different habitats. He has also been involved with birds in the conservation sphere. David is the author of The Exotic Pet Handbook,Looking After My Pet Goldfish and Birds of America.
- Author(s)David Alderton
- PublisherHermes House
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHermes House
- Content NoteOver 550 color illustrations & photographs
- Weight867 g
- Width173 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.66Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.