All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a magnificent visual account of Britain's architectural and historical heritage celebrated in over 500 beautiful photographs, fine-art paintings, drawings and maps. It is a truly impressive reference to the historic buildings of the United Kingdom - the castles, royal palaces, stately homes, fortified mars and the great country houses. It has full coverage of the World Heritage Sites of Edward I's castles at Beaumaris, Harlech, Caernarvon and Conwy; Blenheim Palace, the Tower of London and the Palace of Westminster; with in-depth features on over 120 royal palaces, historic houses and gardens. The book is illustrated with over 500 photographs and paintings of landscapes, exteriors and interiors. An A-Z gazetteer with contact details plus over 50 maps help you explore Britain's architectural legacy. This sumptuously illustrated history is an authoritative guide to the castles, royal residences and historic houses of Britain and Northern Ireland. It combines an in-depth account of the most important buildings with a wealth of stories and information about Britain's glorious architectural past and heritage, including Burghley House, Longleat, Windsor Castle and Balmoral. Special features focus on important art and architectural movements and on the great architects including Wren, Adam, Wyatt and Lutyens. More than 500 photographs and specially commissioned maps, plans and drawings bring these national treasures vividly to life.
- Author BiographyCharles Phillips is author of The Illustrated History of the Kings and Queens of Britain (Southwater) and The Complete Book of Tartan (also published by Lorenz Books). An established writer of popular history, he is a contributor to The Chronicle of Britain and The Chronicle of the Royal Family. Professor Richard G. Wilson is Emeritus Professor of History at UEA and co-author of Creating Paradise: The Building of the English Country House, 1660-1880.
- Author(s)Charles Phillips
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 500 photographs
- Weight853 g
- Width176 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.