The Illustrated Guide to Massage and Aromatherapy: A Practical Step-by-step Guide to Achieving Relaxation and Well-being with Top-to-toe Body Massage and Essential Oils - All You Need to Know About Every Kind of Body Treatment in 1500 Photographs by Anness Publishing (Paperback, 2006)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the ultimate guide to working with top-to-toe massage and therapeutic oils to ease the stresses and strains of modern life. More than 200 illustrated techniques are included, showing how to harness the natural healing ability of touch and essential oils, and demonstrating how easily these therapies can be practiced at home as part of a daily routine. Throughout the book, all the techniques are illustrated in detailed, full-colour step-by-step sequences, and there are over 1500 pictures in all, making all the various disciplines easy to follow, learn and practice with confidence. Expert guidance by qualified practitioners helps the reader to prepare for a session, with tips on creating the mood, gathering basic equipment and warming up, either to give or receive treatment. Specific sections on treating different parts of the body demonstrate the type of massage strokes, pressure and essential oils most suitable to treat these areas, with guidance on how to target the common ailments associated with them. In addition, an accessible guide to physical and emotional healing through Reiki and meditation will help to raise energy, boost immunity, correct postural faults, ease respiratory problems, and promote calm and clarity. This superb collection shows how effectively aromatherapy oils can be used in conjunction with massage, and also promotes a range of other applications just as suitable for harnessing their properties. The reader can choose from a range of inhalations, baths, compresses, teas, tonics and skin creams, all of which can be prepared with just a few simple ingredients. With concise colour photographs and artworks clarifying expert text, this is the ultimate guide for both beginner and experience practitioner to using massage and essential oils.
- Author BiographyCatherine Stuart is a highly experienced editor of books on natural health treatments. For this volume she has brought together a team of leading experts in the fields of massage and complementary medicine, who have advised on the techniques and sequences featured.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication21/12/2006
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date16/09/2011
- Content Note1500+ colour photos
- Weight1248 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCatherine Stuart
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.