All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete encyclopedia of underwater vessels throughout history, from the Nautilus and Hunley to the nuclear-powered submarines of today. It charts a century of submarine development, from the earliest attempts to travel beneath the waves, two World Wars and the Cold War, through to the incredible machines planned for construction in the 21st century. Specification boxes provide at-a-glance information about each submarine's country of origin, length, displacement, speed, armament, propulsion and complement. It features over 700 historical and modern photographs illustrating each type of submarine, plus specially commissioned artworks of selected examples. It includes a glossary of key military terms and abbreviations. This fully illustrated book traces the history of underwater travel, from the earliest attempts to travel beneath the waves to the future possibility of unmanned craft permanently roaming the seas. A country-by-country directory of over 140 submarines provides an in-depth look at the amazing inventiveness of submarine builders. Illustrated with over 700 photographs showing submarines in action, as well as a selection of artworks showing the vessels' main features, this authoritative volume provides both enthusiasts and historians with key information about the world's submarines, and is an essential reference for everyone interested in naval history.
- Author BiographyJohn Parker has written many acclaimed military and investigative projects, as well as numerous high-profile biographies. Some of his many published titles include: The Silent Service: The Inside Story of the Royal Navy's Submarine Heroes; Royal Marines Commandos; Royal Navy Task Force; Royal Air Force Strike Command; The Black Watch; Desert Rats; The Paras; Inside the Foreign Legion; Total Surveillance; and The Killing Factory: The Top Secret World of Germ and Chemical Warfare.
- Author(s)John Parker
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note700 photographs
- Weight1248 g
- Width203 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.