Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe status of older adults has become increasingly important in our aging society. Print and n-print media both reflect and shape society's attitude toward the aged. This bibliography documents the w extensive research on the depiction of older adults in print and n-print media. The volume includes more than 550 entries for books and articles. The entries are arranged in 21 topical chapters, and each citation is accompanied by a detailed antation. The author and subject indexes that conclude the work enhance its value as a reference. The volume begins with an introduction that discusses the depiction of the aged in various media forms, and which considers issues such as ageism, stereotypes of the elderly, and the nature of communication. Bibliographic entries follow. The first set of chapters include entries for related bibliographies and on works that treat general topics about aging and communications. The next set of chapters contains entries on images of the older adult in different print media, including literature, newspapers, greeting cards, and magazines. A final set of chapters considers the depiction of older adults in n-print media, such as music, film, and television.
- Author BiographyFRANK NUESSEL is Professor of Modern Languages at the University of Louisville. His broad research includes humanistic studies of aging, Hispanic linguistics, and Italian studies. He has published numerous articles in journals such as Hispanic Linguistics and the Journal of Literary Semantics, and has authored several books, including The Study of Names: A Guide to the Principles and Topics (Greenwood Press, 1992).
- Author(s)Frank H. Nuessel
- Date of Publication24/11/1992
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Gerontology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 18
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byErdman Ballagh Palmore
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.