All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward winning authors Jim Ottaviani and Leland Purvis present a historically accurate graphic vel biography of English mathematician and scientist Alan Turing in The Imitation Game. English mathematician and scientist Alan Turing (1912-1954) is credited with many of the foundational principles of contemporary computer science. The Imitation Game presents a historically accurate graphic vel biography of Turing's life, including his groundbreaking work on the fundamentals of cryptography and artificial intelligence. His code breaking efforts led to the cracking of the German Enigma during World War II, work that saved countless lives and accelerated the Allied defeat of the Nazis. While Turing's achievements remain relevant decades after his death, the story of his life in post-war Europe continues to fascinate audiences today. Award-winning duo Jim Ottaviani (the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Feynman and Primates) and artist Leland Purvis (an Eisner and Ignatz Award minee and occasional reviewer for the Comics Journal) present a factually detailed account of Turing's life and groundbreaking research--as an unconventional genius who was arrested, tried, convicted and punished for his openly gay lifestyle, and whose invative work still fuels the computing and communication systems that define our modern world. Computer science buffs, comics fans and history aficionados will be captivated by this riveting and tragic story of one of the 20th century's most unsung heroes.
- Author BiographyJim Ottaviani is the recipient of multiple Eisner and Ignatz Award nominations and was awarded a Xeric Foundation grant. His work has made Booklist's Top 10 Graphic Novels for Youth list, YALSA's Great Graphic Novels for Teens list, and has been selected as a New York Times Editors' Choice. He lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Leland Purvis is an Eisner and Ignatz Award nominee and an occasional reviewer for the Comics Journal. He lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Jim Ottaviani
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Notefull-color throughout
- Weight726 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Leland Purvis
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $22.43
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.