All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sacrifice of the Glorious Glosters in defense of the Imjin River line and the hilltop fights of Australian and Canadian battalions in the Kapyong Valley have achieved greater rewn in those nations than any other military action since World War II. This book is the first to compare in depth what happened and why. Using official and ufficial source material ranging from personal interviews to war diaries, this study seeks to disentangle the mythology surrounding both battles and explain why events unfolded as they did. Based on thorough familiarity with all available sources, many t previously utilized, it sheds new light on fighting the forgotten war.
- Author BiographyS. P. MacKenzie is Caroline McKissick Dial Professor of History at the University of South Carolina and author of The Second World War in Europe; Bader's War; The Battle of Britain on Screen; British War Films, 1939-1945; The Colditz Myth; Revolutionary Armies in the Modern Era; The Home Guard; and Politics and Military Morale.
- Author(s)Paul Mackenzie
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleTwentieth-Century Battles
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note16 b&w illus., 6 maps
- Weight545 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $87.94
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.