All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhile global warming and its consequences on humanity are being fiercely debated at the global scale, deliberate and pragmatic reflections on the subject in Sub-Sahara Africa remain muted, though this phemen is negatively impacting the livelihoods of her people. The unprecedented degradation of her natural resources, i.e., water, biodiversity, and soils are seen to be intricately linked to her increasing inability to meet the basic needs of her people. This book examines how global climate change impacts on Sub-Sahara Africa, the measures and strategies that would be used in facing it and actions presently implemented in combating it. A pragmatic community/state engagement synergy on climate change mitigation initiatives that rewards best practices is critical to its success. Though investments in research, technical kw-how, dedicated commitment and dissemination mechanisms would be inevitable to draw the continent from the precipice, the role of regulatory enforcement mechanisms and a legal framework addressing land use rights permissible within given landscapes is seen to be central to the success of this endeavor.
- Author BiographyChukwuemeka Christopher Opara was Lecturer in the Department of Soil Science and Technology in the School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (Nigeria) until his early death in 2010. Bernard Palmer Kfuban Yerima is Professor of Soil Science in the Department of Soil Science, Faculty of Agronomy and Agricultural Science at the University of Dschang (Cameroon).
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication26/11/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleStudies in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight270 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byBernard Palmer Kfuban Yerima,Chukwuemeka Christopher Opara
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.