All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionEditor R.N. Sharma's travels to Asia, Africa, and the Middle East on library assignments have shown him that libraries in those regions are still far behind techlogically as compared to the United States and other developed countries. In the his new book, sixteen well-kwn scholars, library educators, and librarians from Asia, Africa, and the Middle East write about the impact of techlogy on library collections and services in their countries. Furthermore, three authors from the U.S. contribute articles about Asian, African, and Middle Eastern Collections in the U.S. and the impact of techlogy on these collections and services. Through this collection of essays, a clear picture of these countries' libraries is given, as well as the ways to bridge the gap between developed and developing countries of these regions.
- Author BiographyR.N. Sharma, Ph.D. is Dean of Library, Monmouth University, West Long Branch, New Jersey. He has won many awards and honors, including the Academic Research Librarian of the Year Award in 2005 from the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) and the Humphry/OCLC/Forest Press Award from the American Library Association in 1997 for his significant achievements and contributions to International Librarianship. He has been the editor of Library Times International since 1984.
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication17/08/2006
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleLook and Learn
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byR. N. Sharma
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.