All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Impact of the Environment on Psychiatric Disorder explores the relationship between the environment and mental health, and suggests that environmental factors can play a role in the causation of psychiatric illness. Hugh Freeman and Stephen Stansfeld bring together experts from the field to discuss a range of physical and social environmental settings that are linked to psychiatric disorders. International contributors discuss topics including: * psychosocial processes linking the environment and mental health * gene-environment interactions * urban-rural differences * social support * migration * how ise affects psychiatric disorders. The book closes with a discussion of how disasters such as global warming and terrorism can affect mental health, and highlights the risks and protective factors for psychiatric disorders following such events. The Impact of the Environment on Psychiatric Disorder illuminates the wide range of ways in which it is possible for the environment to influence mental health. It will appeal to both academics and professionals, and will interest anyone concerned with connections between the environment and mental health.
- Author BiographyHugh Freeman is Honorary Visiting Fellow, Green College, Oxford. He is also Honorary Professor at the University of Salford, and was formerly Editor of the British Journal of Psychiatry. Stephen Stansfeld is Professor of Psychiatry at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 10 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHugh Freeman,Stephen Stansfeld
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.