Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe implicit function theorem is part of the bedrock of mathematical analysis and geometry. Finding its genesis in eighteenth century studies of real analytic functions and mechanics, the implicit and inverse function theorems have w blossomed into powerful tools in the theories of partial differential equations, differential geometry, and geometric analysis. There are many different forms of the implicit function theorem, including (i) the classical formulation for Ck functions, (ii) formulations in other function spaces, (iii) formulations for n-smooth function, and (iv) formulations for functions with degenerate Jacobian. Particularly powerful implicit function theorems, such as the Nash-Moser theorem, have been developed for specific applications (e.g., the imbedding of Riemannian manifolds). All of these topics, and many more, are treated in the present uncorrected reprint of this classic mograph. Originally published in 2002, The Implicit Function Theorem is an accessible and thorough treatment of implicit and inverse function theorems and their applications. It will be of interest to mathematicians, graduate/advanced undergraduate students, and to those who apply mathematics. The book unifies disparate ideas that have played an important role in modern mathematics. It serves to document and place in context a substantial body of mathematical ideas.
- Author(s)Harold Parks,Steven G. Krantz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- Series TitleModern Birkhauser Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight262 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.