All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Implosion of Capitalism world-rewned political ecomist Samir Amin connects the key events of our times - financial crisis, Eurozone implosion, the emerging BRIC nations and the rise of political Islam - identifying them as symptoms of a profound systemic crisis. In light of these major crises and tensions, Amin updates and modifies the classical definitions of social classes, political parties, social movements and ideology. In doing so he exposes the reality of mopoly capitalism in its contemporary global form. In a bravura conclusion, Amin argues that the current capitalist system is t viable and that implosion is unavoidable. The Implosion of Capitalism makes clear the stark choices facing humanity - and the urgent need for a more humane global order.
- Author BiographySamir Amin is director of the Third World Forum, based in Senegal, and Chair of the World Forum for Alternatives. His numerous books include The People's Spring: the Future of the Arab Revolutions, The Liberal Virus: Permanent War and the Americanization of the World, Accumulation on a World Scale and Unequal Development.
- Author(s)Samir Amin
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.