All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe much-anticipated first book by photographer Kevin Amato, a leading influencer in fashion today Kevin Amato, a fashion insider whose influence is felt around the world, defines who and what is beautiful and fashionable today. Through his photography - evocative of the work of the generation of photographers before him, including Nan Goldin, Larry Clark, and Ryan McGinley - Amato celebrates the faces of the Bronx, where he discovers the majority of his subjects. He takes their pictures. He casts them in fashion shows and advertising campaigns. He calls them 'The Importants', the young people thriving against all odds and who together exemplify diversity and inclusivity. Amato documents a new world order that is as provocative as it is tender, and as disturbing as it is joyful.
- Author BiographyKevin Amato is a New York-based photographer and casting agent. He began taking photographs in 2003 while at college in New York City. His work for the brand Hood By Air from 2007 to 2014 brought him international attention and acclaim.
- Author(s)Kevin Amato
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width160 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.