All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionChosen by design expert Frederic Chambre, this selection of furniture designs unspools like the frames of a film, an epic picture composed of one hundred years of creative invations in form, materials, and techniques. This hand-bound oversize luxury edition, presented in a linen clamshell case, traces the development of twentieth-century design from the Art Nouveau and Arts and Crafts movements through Bauhaus and Art Deco, Pop Art and the Memphis school, to today s digital age, illustrating the dynamic story of a groundbreaking century through the evolution of everyday human objects.
- Author BiographyWith degrees in law and art history, Frederic Chambre became a partner at the Calmels-Chambre-Cohen auction house in 1996. Chambre co-founded Pierre Berge and Associates in 2002, and became vice president and partner in 2005; he was co-organizer of the February 2009 sale of the Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge collection at Christie's in Paris. In 2012 Chambre joined PIASA as head of strategy and development, and he is currently vice president and general manager.
- Author(s)Frederic Chambre
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight8301 g
- Width414 mm
- Height521 mm
- Spine84 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.