All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLaurie Sandell grew up in awe (and sometimes in terror) of her larger-than-life father, who told jaw-dropping tales of a privileged childhood in Bues Aires, academic triumphs, heroism during Vietnam, friendships with Kissinger and the Pope. As a young woman, Laurie unconsciously mirrors her dad, trying on several outsized personalities (Tokyo stripper, lesbian seductress, Ambien addict). Later, she lucks into the perfect job - interviewing celebrities for a top women's magazine. Growing up with her extraordinary father has given Laurie a knack for relating to the stars. But while researching an article on her dad's life, she makes an astonishing discovery: he's t the man he says he is - t even close. Now, Laurie begins to puzzle together three decades of lies and the splintered person that resulted from them - herself.
- Author BiographyLaurie Sandell is a contributing editor at Glamour, where she writes cover stories, features and personal essays. She has also written for Esquire, GQ, New York, Real Simple, US Weekly, and In Style, among others, and has taught memoir at the Gotham Writer's Workshop. Her cartoons have appeared in Glamour and Marie Claire.
- Author(s)Laurie Sandell
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Out-of-print date16/02/2012
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.