All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn the wake of a terrifying earthquake, Sa Ichir No. races to solve a crime that could bring down the shogun's regimeJapan, 1703. A devastating earthquake has left the city of Edo in shambles - even the shogun's carefully regulated court is teetering on the brink of chaos. This is time for a murder investigation. But when Sa discovers the bodies of two young sisters buried beneath the rubble, he suspects that incense poisoning, t the earthquake, killed them. Worse yet, their father, a powerful bleman, threatens to topple the vulnerable regime unless Sa agrees to track down his daughters' killer. With the help of his wife, Reiko, and his chief retainer, Hirata, Sa begins a secret investigation that jeopardizes his whole family. And with Hirata mysteriously neglecting his duties and an old foe plotting to overthrow Sa and the shogun himself, the shockwaves from the earthquake are only the beginning.
- Author BiographyLAURA JOH ROWLAND is the author of fifteen previous Sano Ichiro mysteries. <i>The Fire Kimono </i>was named one of the <i>Wall Street Journal'</i>s<i></i>Five Best Historical Mystery Novels; and <i>The Snow Empress </i>and <i>The Cloud Pavilion</i> were among <i>Publishers Weekly</i>'s<i></i>Best Mysteries of the Year<i>. </i>She lived through a natural disaster when Hurricane Katrina nearly destroyed her house in New Orleans, and now lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Laura Joh Rowland
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinotaur Books,US
- Content Notemap
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.