All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'May Day is about affirmation, the love of life, and the start of spring, so it has to be about the beginning of the end of the capitalist system of exploitation, oppression, war, and overall misery, toil, and moil.' So writes celebrated historian Peter Linebaugh in an essential compendium of reflections on the reviled, glorious and voltaic occasion of the first of May. The Incomplete, True, Authentic, and Wonderful History of May Day is a forceful reminder of the potentialities of the future, for the coming of a time when the powerful will fall and the commons restored.
- Author BiographyPeter Linebaughis a historian and a professor at the University of Toledo. He is the author of The London Hanged, The Magna Carta Manifesto, and Stop, Thief!, and the coauthor of Albion s Fatal Tree and The Many Headed Hydra. His articles have appeared in publications that include CounterPunch, the New Left Review, New York University Law Review, Radical History Review, and Social History. He lives in Toledo, Ohio.
- Author(s)Peter Linebaugh
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight168 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.