Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.00+ AU $3.50 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by kadesnana
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Only one thing was clear and certain - that at all costs he was going home, home to his own beloved master...' The Hunter children must go abroad for the summer, so they reluctantly leave their three pets in the care of a friend. But the faithful animals only kw they must get home again, somehow. So the labrador, the old bull terrier and the dainty Siamese cat set off on a perilous journey through the wilderness. But how will domestic animals fare against river rapids, hunger, icy temperatures and ferocious wild beasts? And if they make it home, will their owners be waiting for them? Includes exclusive material: In the Backstory you can find out about some incredible real-life pet adventures! Vintage Children's Classics is a twenty-first century classics list aimed at 8-12 year olds and the adults in their lives. Discover timeless favourites from The Jungle Book and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to modern classics such as The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
- Author BiographySheila Burnford was born on 11 May 1918 in Scotland, where she attended St George's School in Edinburgh. She married a doctor, David Burnford, in 1941 and worked as an ambulance driver during the Second World War. In 1951 she and her husband emigrated to Canada. They had three children and three beloved family pets. These animals inspired Sheila to write The Incredible Journey, which was published in 1961. Two years later Disney released a film adaptation, and from that point Sheila's book became a well-loved bestseller. In fact, the story was so popular Disney made another movie based on the book in 1993. This was called Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey - in this version the animals were given human voices and their names and characters were changed a little. Sheila Burnford wrote several books for adults about her experiences of living in Canada, travelling by dog-sled and watching narwhals (these are unusual sea mammals which look little bit like dolphins, except they have a long thin tusk in the centre of their heads, like a unicorn's horn!). She also wrote a book called Bel Ria about a plucky dog travelling through Europe at the time of World War II. Sheila Burnford died in England on 20 April 1984, at the age of 65.
- Author(s)Sheila Burnford
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Children's Classics
- Content Noteb/w chapter headings
- Weight121 g
- Width129 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.59
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.94
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.72
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.55
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $8.45Trending at AU $13.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.