All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.79
- AU $33.73Trending at AU $34.28
- AU $32.62Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $5.87Trending at AU $7.27
- AU $15.47Trending at AU $20.46
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Independent, Vol. 85: January 3, 1916 If we should attempt to decide the game on points as it stands, that is, on territory gained since the war be gan, we must declare England the winning nation, with Germany second. The British have obtained possession of more than two million square miles in Africa, Asia and the Pacific. These acquisitions comprize an area about forty times the size of England. The German and Aus trian armies have conquered about square miles of new territory in Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Serbia and Russia, an area larger than Prussia itself. Russia has a slight compensation in the bit of eastern Galicia which she still holds and in the rapidly increasing area of rthern Persia and eastern Turkey which is coming under her control. France clings to a strip of Alsace some ten miles wide and thirty miles long. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)William Hayes Ward
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication13/01/2017
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight1470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.