Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe Independent's Guide to Film Distribution, Second Edition is the definitive guide to North American independent film and media distributors and a crucial tool for filmmakers who want to find their audience. The updated edition features a directory of more than 200 distribution companies that acquire narrative features, documentaries, experimental films, shorts, and more. There's also advice from experts, as well as conversations with principals at Oscilloscope Laboratories, Sony Pictures Classics, Drafthouse Films, New Day Films and other industry leaders. Whether you're new to DIY distribution, or a veteran of independent film, this is an indispensable resource.
- Author BiographyMinhae Shim is a writer, filmmaker, and interdisciplinary artist. She collaborates with Daniel Roth at their collective, Roshi Productions. Their new media installation Video Sassoon, video performance Who's Afraid of Sara Goldfarb, and experimental travelogue Color Theory have shown at film festivals and art galleries. Born in Seoul, South Korea, Minhae studied film and creative writing at Dartmouth College, and art history and practice at University of Massachusetts. She is a staff writer at The Independent, a blogger and screenwriter. She is currently working on an artist's book and short film. Find her work at roshiproductions.com and minhae.com. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Erin Trahan's background in film includes producing, programming, and multi-platform film journalism. In addition to editing The Independent since 2009, she has written about film for WBUR - Boston's NPR News Station, The Boston Globe, NewEnglandFilm.com, and several other publications. Erin has served as series moderator for The DocYard and led film discussions for the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Boston Public Library, and several film festivals. She oversaw distribution of the documentary Love and Other Anxieties and recently started her fifth Frommer's Guide to Montreal and Quebec City. Reach her at email@example.com. Michele Meek pioneered the development of NewEnglandFilm.com, the premiere magazine and resource for independent filmmaking in the northeast, and led the transition of the 30-year-old film magazine The Independent to the nonprofit organization Independent Media Publications where she remains a board member. She has written extensively on film and travel in publications including MovieMaker Magazine, The Independent, WHERE Magazine, Bonjour Paris and Indiewire. She has taught film, literature and writing courses at Boston College, Emerson College and Massachusetts College of Art. She earned her M.F.A. from Emerson College and is currently a Ph.D. candidate at University of Rhode Island. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Erin Trahan,Michele Meek,Minhae Shim
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.