Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionSince the time of the early Greek, Egyptian and Chinese civilizations, games are depicted as having played a significant role in the lives of the people, similarly, games of different kinds have been a vital hallmark of peopleis culture in Kenya, and everywhere else in Africa, for hundreds of years. The focus of this research project is to identify the traditional games of the people from the Kenyan coastal region and describe how they were conducted as well as the socio-cultural setting within which they were performed, and to establish the significance of these activities in enhancing the acquisition and learning of verbal information, cognitive strategies, attitudes, and motor skills by the participants in specific and their significance to the community in general. The study also suggests ways in which traditional games could be adopted into the contemporary educational curriculum as well as for mass sports participation.
- Author(s)Mwangi Peter Wanderi
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.