All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is a city? What determines its specifi city? What shapes its quality? The evolution of the contemporary city does t follow a linear movement. It is shaped by transformation processes that are directed toward often distant and confl icting goals. Even though cities are inscribed into global processes and networks, they develop their own specifi c ways of dealing with these conditions. They tend to produce and reproduce their own specifi city, their own patterns and character traits. Using the categories of territory, power, and difference - also lending the book its structure - the texts analyze different case studies of cities and urbanized territories, ranging from the Canary Islands to Hong Kong and Nairobi, unfolding the distinctiveness of their physical and social existences. With contributions by Roger Diener, Mathias Gunz, Manuel Herz, Jacques Herzog, Rolf Jenni, Marcel Meili, Shadi Rahbaran, Christian Schmid, and Milica Topalovic.
- Author(s)ETH Studio Basel
- PublisherLars Muller Publishers
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- Place of PublicationBaden
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintLars Muller Publishers
- Content Note300
- Weight1043 g
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.