Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $68.72Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionFrom time immemorial, poets and philosophers have looked in awe and wonder at the Universe. Such awe is shared by astrophysicists, too, as they seek to understand its nature, and whether it has any limits. In The Infinite Cosmos, Joseph Silk, Savilian Professor of Astromy at Oxford University, cosmologist and well-kwn science writer, brings together the modern understanding of the Universe, its structure, its evolution, and its possible fate, combining the latest from theory and observation. The narrative is peppered with quotations from literature and philosophy, and reflects, too, on the process of scientific discovery, and the implications of our discoveries.
- Author BiographyJoseph Silk is Savilian Professor of Astronomy and Head of Astrophysics at the University of Oxford. He is an experienced and successful author of books on cosmology for the general reader: his published titles include The Big Bang (W. H. Freeman) and The Left Hand of Creation (with J. D. Barrow, published by Oxford University Press).
- Author(s)Joseph Silk
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/02/2006
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteNumerous line drawings
- Weight534 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.