Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionMathematical genius. Brilliant engineer. Revered astronaut. Keith Corcoran is all of these things and more, but his otherworldly talents do thing to prepare him for the tragedy that befalls his family, or its irrevocable outcomes. After a six-month mission aboard the International Space Station, Keith returns to a house that has already ceased to be a home - emptied entirely of furniture and the people he loves. It is here that Keith tries to make sense of the ghosts, the memories and the feelings that he can barely ackwledge. His experiences in space quickly fade into the distant past. What remain in their wake are endlessly interlocking cul-de-sacs, big box stores and ermous parking lots. Within this seemingly hopeless expanse, an eccentric man from a distant country presents an opportunity for redemption. Their unlikely friendship leads Keith to an understanding of all he has lost, and a sense of how to live under the weight of gravity. The Infinite Tides is a captivating and comic tragedy about love, loss and resilience. An indelible and nuanced portrait of modern life as viewed through the prism of American suburbia, it tenderly illuminates the strengths and weaknesses that flow through us all.
- Author BiographyChristian Kiefer earned his PhD in American literature from the University of California, Davis, and is on the English faculty of American River College in Sacramento. He is an active poet, songwriter and recording artist, and lives in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Northern California with his wife and five sons.
- Author(s)Christian Kiefer
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight282 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.