All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe name Hermann Gunkel is as familiar to biblical scholars as their own. Gunkel founded a school, fathered form-critical research, and taught most of the giants of the last generation. . . from the IntroductionThis little book, the first by Hermann Gunkel, shattered the reigning images of the New Testament idea of the Spirit. Gunkel 's argument t only revolutionized the theology of his time but has continued to be foundational for most subsequent studies on the subject. As he did in so much of his work, Gunkel t only explores the milieu of the New Testament but also demonstrates the dependence of the biblical message upon its religious environment.Hermann Gunkel was a leading exponent of the History of Religions School and author of major historical-critical studies of the Psalms and Genesis. He was editor of the monumental Die Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart, to which he contributed over one hundred articles.Roy A. Harrisville is Professor of New Testament Emeritus at Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota. He is the author of Fracture: The Cross as Irreconcilable in the Language and Thought of the Biblical Writers and, with Walter Sundberg, of The Bible in Modern Culture: Baruch Spiza to Brevard Childs.Philip A. Quanbeck II is Associate Professor and Chair of Religion at Augsburg College in Minneapolis, Minnesota.Fortress Pressfortresspress.com
- Author(s)Hermann Gunkel
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight191 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byRoy A Harrisville
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.