All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.86
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionWhen brothers Arcadia and Otto Cirque arrive in a fading gold-mining town with their travelling circus, Saturnalia, the town and the life of young Mary Ann Ward will never be the same. Months later, the flamboyant Arcadia Cirque is found dead, a pregnant Mary Ann Ward goes missing and Otto Cirque sets off in pursuit of her. These dramatic events echo down the decades to Mrs Ivorie Hammer, who is dealing with her own problems. Pregnant and vexed by recent catastrophic events in her home town, she discovers that her own origins are t as she thought. As the small community of Pitch is scandalized by several mysterious deaths and disappearances, it is Ivorie's secret history that holds the key to the truth. The Inheritance of Ivorie Hammer is an imaginative epic that weaves together a Dickensian sense of mystery, colourful characters and a township at social war with itself. It is a unique and playful literary vel that anunces the arrival of a dynamic new Australian writing talent.
- Author BiographyEdwina Preston is the author of Not Just a Suburban Boy and a creative writing teacher at the Northern Melbourne Institute of Technical and Further Education. Her writing and reviews have appeared in the Age, the Australian, Griffith Review, Heat magazine, and the Sydney Morning Herald.
- Author(s)Edwina Preston
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Weight441 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.