All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Inn Way...to the English Lake District : 90 miles, 7 days, 44 pubs. First published in 1998 when it was picked out as The Sunday Times 'Travel Book of the Week' and awarded 'Highly Commended' in the Lakeland Book of the Year awards, The Inn Way...to the English Lake District has been rewalked, revised and updated for this new 2nd Edition, which is published in spring 2011. The Inn Way...to the English Lake District charts a 7 day circular walk through the heart of the Lake District, covering 90 miles (145-km) of paths and passing 44 Lakeland inns along the way. This book is the complete and unique guide to this highly-acclaimed long distance circular walk through the English Lake District. This book is much more than the sum of its detailed maps. Route descriptions, historical quotations and well-researched background describe the area including the remote and beautiful Western Lakes, popular villages such as Rydal, Grasmere and Elterwater, famed for their literary connections, as well as the 44 traditional Lakeland pubs along the way. Through hand drawn maps, with practical information about accommodation, services, public transport, and the ales in the hostelries along The Inn Way...to the English Lake District , Mark Reid's newly revised guide gives all of the information needed to appreciate and enjoy the geology, wildlife and history encountered along this six day walk. Above all, the book contains a wealth of history, folklore and perceptive commentary that will help bring the landscape to life. The Inn Way...to the English Lake District captures the very essence of Lakeland, from the majestic mountains to the lush valleys, serene lakes, beautiful villages and cosy pubs. The walking route starts and finishes at Ambleside, with suggested overnight stops at Rosthwaite, Braithwaite, Buttermere, Boot, Broughton-in-Furness and Coniston.
- Author BiographyMark Reid is the author of 17 books, including 'The Inn Way' series www.innway.co.uk which charts long distance circular walks through the national parks of Northern England, including the Lake District, Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors and Northumberland. Mark writes regular articles concerning walking and the outdoors for several newspapers and magazines including Country Walking, Yorkshire Post, Northern Echo and Dalesman. Mark also operates www.teamwalking.co.uk where he takes corporate groups out hill-walking for team building, training and development and also offers navigation skills courses and outdoor experiences.
- Author(s)Mark Reid
- PublisherInnWay Publications
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationHarrogate
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInnWay Publications
- Content Note18 pen & ink drawings, 22 hand-drawn maps, 8 pages of colour photos
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.