All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to improve your game and discover your true potential by increasing your concentration, willpower and confidence Every golfer, whether amateur or pro, who has ever picked up a club kws what it's like to get the yips - that feeling when you inexplicably lose control of your shot, and become overwhelmed by self-doubt, tension, fear of failure and anxiety. With a new introduction from golf performance pro Peter Hudson, the multi-million bestselling The Inner Game of Golf resolves this mental interference. It is t a book about how to play golf; it is a book about how to learn golf, and its lessons can be applied to any sport. Putting aside the mechanics of golfing technique and laborious debates about strategy, this classic handbook for golfers of all levels tackles the psychological aspects of the game and reveals how you can perform to your true potential for more than brief moments at a time. Using only his Inner Game principles, without taking a single lesson and playing only once a week, Timothy Gallwey kcked 15 strokes off his game in a year. There is physical reason why you can't hit perfect drives or sink long putts more consistently. By applying the Inner Game approach to your own game, you too can see phemenal improvements to your scorecard.
- Author BiographyEver since Timothy Gallwey missed a heartbreakingly easy volley on match point in the National Junior Tennis Championship at the age of fifteen, he has been fascinated with the problem of how human beings interfere with their own ability to achieve and learn. His search for practical ways to overcome the mental obstacles that prevent maximum performance led to the basic discoveries first described in this, his bestselling classic. Since the completion of The Inner Game of Golf, also available in Pan Books, he spends most of his time in the Los Angeles office of the Inner Games Corporation, developing an Inner Game approach to such diverse fields as selling, management, stress, diet, music and the quality of work. He is also the author of The Inner Game of Tennis, and the co-author of The Inner Game of Music, both published by Pan Macmillan. Peter Hudson is a Master Golf Coach and Sports Psychologist, described by many as 'the coach to the coaches' who specialising in devising tailored coaching programmes that develop both the mental and physical side of the golf. He is a renowned expert in the use of the mind to improve both swing and performance, and a specialist practitioner of The Inner Game of Golf techniques.
- Author(s)W. Timothy Gallwey
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight200 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.