All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling guide to improving musical performance The Inner Game of Music is the battle that all musicians have to fight against elusive opponents such as nervousness, self-doubt and fear of failure. Using the world-famous Inner Game principles, developed by bestselling author Timothy Gallwey, acclaimed musician Barry Green explains the basic principles of 'natural learning' and shows how you can apply them to reach a new level of musical application and performance. In precise, easy to understand language, Green and Gallwey explain how natural skills - such as awareness, trust and willpower - can be nurtured and enhanced. Through a series of tailored exercises The Inner Game of Music demonstrates the ways in which musicians can achieve exact intonations, artistic phrasing and improved technique. There are also chapters on ensemble playing, improvisation, composition and creativity, as well as listening skills - an essential part of the Inner Game. Following a methodology with a proven track record for generations of aspiring and professional musicians, The Inner Game of Music is invaluable to anyone seriously interested in music, and is guaranteed to deliver positive results whether you are a student, teacher, performer, or simply an appreciative listener.
- Author BiographyBarry Green, a native Californian, served as Principal Bassist of the Cincinnati Symphony for twenty-eight years. As former Executive Director of the International Society of Bassists, he is currently directing a young bassist programme for the San Francisco Symphony Education Department, teaches privately at Stanley Intermediate in Lafayette and at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and has organised the Northern California Bass Club. Principal Bassist with the California Symphony and the Sun Valley Idaho Summer Symphony and active as a bass soloist and teacher, Green has been performing for young audiences in schools in the Bay Area as well as bass workshops and in concerts on tour. He has studied with the legendary bassist Francois Rabbath and wrote The Popular Bass method in three volumes in collaboration with the Bay Area jazz bassist Jeff Neighbor. The Inner Game of Music has sold over 200,000 copies worldwide. Barry Green has also written seven Inner Game of Music Workbooks published by GIA Music for keyboard, voice, instrument and ensembles. His seminars, workshops and personal appearances sometimes include a unique lecture/concert called 'Journey into the Mind and Soul of the Musician' that demonstrates concepts in his The Inner Game of Music and The Mastery of Music, also published by Macmillan. For information on Green's personal appearances and publications please contact his website: www.innergameofmusic.com. Since the age of fifteen, W. Timothy Gallwey has been fascinated with the problem of how human beings interfere with their own ability to achieve and learn. His search for practical ways to overcome mental obstacles and establish maximum performance has led to a number of books on such diverse subjects as sports, management and work. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Barry Green,W. Timothy Gallwey
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight186 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.