All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- Description<b>From <i>New York Times</i>-bestselling Southern crime master Ace Atkins comes a gritty, darkly comic tale of greed, violence, and unexpected redemption.</b> Quinn Colson didn t owe his home town of Jericho, Mississippi, a damn thing. After serving for more than a decade as a U.S. Army Ranger, he d returned, been elected sheriff, and tried to make the town and surrounding Tibbehah county a better place. He was rewarded with being voted out of office, and went back to the war zone he d left. Now, back in Jericho, trying to fix things with his still-married high school girlfriend and retired Hollywood stuntman father, he s drawn to becoming a lawman again. This time, he accepts a badge from acting Sheriff Lillie Virgil, a foul-mouthed law woman with shades of Calamity Jane. But what they must confront together is something brand-new. When a former high school cheerleader is found walking a back road completely engulfed in flames, the entire state focuses on the rural county, wanting answers. The light soon shines on several people: the girl s father, a worthless drunk named Wash Jones; a pair of teenage thugs with grand ambitions to control rth Mississippi; and a red-headed truck stop madam named Fannie Hathcock, who has her own problems the Syndicate from down on the Gulf Coast has big plans for her neck of the woods. As Quinn and Lillie uncover old secrets and new lies, the entire town turns against them, and they learn the most dangerous enemies may be the ones you trust most. Ace Atkins sets a new standard for Southern crime fiction, writes <i>The New York Times Book Review</i> and, with <i>The Incents</i>, he sets it again.
- Author Biography<b>Ace Atkins</b> is the author of nineteen books, including six Quinn Colson novels, the first two of which, <i>The Ranger</i> and <i>The Lost Ones</i>, were nominated for the Edgar Award for Best Novel (he also has a third Edgar nomination for his short story Last Fair Deal Gone Down ). In addition, he is the author of four <i>New York Times</i> bestselling novels in the continuation of Robert B. Parker s Spenser series. Before turning to fiction, Atkins was a correspondent for <i>The St. Petersburg Times</i>, a crime reporter for <i>The Tampa Tribune</i>, and, in college, played defensive end for the undefeated Auburn University football team (for which he was featured on the cover of<i> Sports Illustrated</i>). He lives in Oxford, Mississippi.
- Author(s)Ace Atkins
- PublisherG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleQuinn Colson Novels
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.