All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionCreativity and invation are t the same thing. In most organizations there are many good creative ideas that never move into the action phase, and, therefore, do t become invations. Both creativity and invation are very relevant to strategic management. It is the ability to invate that determines much of what an organization is able to do. Invative capability provides the organization with bricks from which a strategy can be formed and which can eventually evolve into a bastion of strong competitive advantage. Invation, therefore, remains one of the challenges facing strategic management today. The Invation Challenge recognizes the fundamental importance of invation to strategic management. It is built on the central thesis that long--term success is, to a large degree, dependent on the implementation of new products, methods and processes. The Invation Challenge is the second volume in the Wiley Series in Contemporary Strategic Concerns. Also available in the series is The Implementation Challenge (0--471--96589--8).
- Author BiographyAbout the author David Hussey is visiting professor in strategic management at Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, and an author and consultant linked to the global CIMID SA organization. He was with the Harbridge House Inc organization for nearly twenty years, and for most of them was managing director for the European consulting and management development activities. His consulting skills in strategic management and HR drew upon his experience in industry in marketing research, strategic planning and HRM. He was one of the founders of the Society of Strategic Planning, and is a director of the Japan Strategic Management Society. David Hussey is author of Business Driven Human Resource Management, Wiley, 1996, and editor of Rethinking Strategic Management, Wiley, 1995, and The Implementation Challenge, Wiley, 1996. He is editor of the journal Strategic Change and of Cronera s Journal of Professional HRM. His consulting and educational work has taken him to many parts of Europe, North America, Africa and Asia Pacific.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/1997
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Series TitleWiley Series in Contemporary Strategic Concerns
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width163 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDavid Hussey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.