All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAs a result of globalization, strategies for investments in invation capabilities have gained considerably in importance for businesses, research institutions and policymakers. Public policy has to provide conditions for investments in R&D and invation that are internationally attractive and effective in stimulating invation, ecomic growth and job creation. This book focuses on the changing roles and challenges of invation and growth policy, and the strategies and measures that are critical in a globalizing world. It provides guidance for invation policy strategy formulations and design of invation policy measures. Globalization and the invation imperative towards sustained ecomic growth require a major renewal and deepening of public policy thinking and strategies. This book focuses on these policy challenges, and the policy strategies and measures that are critical for invation and growth in a globalizing world. Topics include: globalization and offshoring of software, the multilateral trading system and competition, invative entrepreneurship, research frameworks and invation awards, the globalization of converging natechlogies, and the relationship between kwledge and invation. Science and techlogy policy makers, university professors and graduate students in public policy, invation, business and ecomics will find much of value in this book.
- Author BiographyEdited by Goran Marklund, Director, Head of Division of Strategy Development, VINNOVA, Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems, Sweden, Nicholas S. Vonortas, Professor, Center for International Science and Technology Policy & Department of Economics, The George Washington University, US and Charles W. Wessner, Director, Programme on Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, US National Academies, Washington, DC, US
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byCharles W. Wessner,Goran Marklund,Nicholas S. Vonortas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.