All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $26.28Trending at AU $27.49
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.78
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.59
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.59
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $13.87
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing his blockbuster biography of Steve Jobs, <i>The Invators</i> is Walter Isaacson's revealing story of the people who created the computer and the Internet. It is destined to be the standard history of the digital revolution and an indispensable guide to how invation really happens. What were the talents that allowed certain inventors and entrepreneurs to turn their visionary ideas into disruptive realities? What led to their creative leaps? Why did some succeed and others fail? In his masterly saga, Isaacson begins with Ada Lovelace, Lord Byron's daughter, who pioneered computer programming in the 1840s. He explores the fascinating personalities that created our current digital revolution, such as Vannevar Bush, Alan Turing, John von Neumann, J.C.R. Licklider, Doug Engelbart, Robert Noyce, Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak, Steve Jobs, Tim Berners-Lee, and Larry Page. This is the story of how their minds worked and what made them so inventive. It's also a narrative of how their ability to collaborate and master the art of teamwork made them even more creative. For an era that seeks to foster invation, creativity, and teamwork, <i>The Invators</i> shows how they happen.
- Author BiographyWalter Isaacson, the CEO of the Aspen Institute, has been chairman of CNN and editor of Time magazine. He is the author of Steve Jobs ; Einstein: His Life and Universe ; Benjamin Franklin: An American Life ; and Kissinger: A Biography ; and the coauthor of The Wise Men: Six Friends and the World They Made. He lives in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Walter Isaacson
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Audio
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Audio
- Weight408 g
- Width131 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Introduction byWalter Isaacson
- Read byDennis Boutsikaris
- Contained items statement15 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1050
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.