All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Definitive Guide to Insects as a Sustainable Food Source In The Insect Cookbook, two entomologists and a chef make the case for insects as a sustainable source of protein for humans and a necessary part of our future diet. They provide consumers and chefs with the essential facts about insects for culinary use, with recipes simple eugh to make at home yet boasting the international flair of the world's most chic dishes. Invite politicians to dinner and let them tell the world how delicious it is...They will proudly go around and say, 'I ate crickets, I ate locusts, and they were delicious.' -Kofi Annan The Insect Cookbook features delicious recipes and interviews with top chefs, insect farmers, political figures, and nutrition experts, including chef Rene Redzepi, whose establishment was elected three times as best restaurant of the world ; Kofi Annan, former secretary-general of the United Nations; and Daniella Martin of Girl Meets Bug. The book contains all you need to kw about cooking with insects, where to buy them, which ones are edible, and how to store and prepare them at home and in commercial spaces.
- Author BiographyArnold van Huis is emeritus professor of tropical entomology at Wageningen University and is a consultant on insects as food and feed to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Henk van Gurp is a cooking instructor at the Rijn IJssel Hotel and Tourism School in Wageningen and has been involved with entomophagy (the eating of insects) for almost twenty years. Marcel Dicke is professor of entomology at Wageningen University and Rhodes Professor at Cornell University. In 2006, he and his team organized the Wageningen-City of Insects festival.
- Author(s)Arnold Van Huis,Henk Van Gurp,Marcel Dicke
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleArts & Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note126 color photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byFrancoise Takken-Kaminker,Diane Blumenfeld-Schaap
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.