All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionPractical advice on finding and buying a yacht new or used that's ideal for your budget and sailing ambitions As important a buying decision as purchasing a house, buying a yacht can be fraught with pitfalls. The Insider's Guide to Choosing and Buying a Yacht gives prospective boat owners everything they must kw before they step into a showroom or answer an ad on the Web. Covering such essentials as establishing what you want from a yacht and setting a budget, the book offers tips on inspecting a yacht both in and out of water, testing sail like a pro, and finally, how to pay the right price and negotiate the sale. Guides buyers on the legal aspects of purchasing both new and used boats Includes surveys on what you should pay for Offers a buyer's shortlist of magazines, Web sites, recommendations, boat shows, and charters Tips on extras and options Advice on protecting your payment With photos that illustrate what to avoid and checklists to help you stay in control during the choosing and buying process, this informative buyer's guide is essential for finding the perfect yacht at the perfect price.
- Author BiographyDuncan Kent is the former editor of Sailing Today magazine and was previously technical editor at Yachting Monthly . He writes for SAIL magazine in the US and carries out new and used boat tests for a range of UK and international titles. Duncan is one of the most experienced boat testers in the world, with a wealth of practical knowledge. He has owned a range of cruising yachts and truly has the inside knowledge to help you choose the right boat for you.
- Author(s)Duncan Kent
- PublisherFernhurst Books Limited
- Date of Publication04/02/2011
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight374 g
- Width171 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.