All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is true of Scripture as a result of being inspired? What should divine inspiration cause us to expect from it? The answers to these questions in the early church related t just to the nature of Scripture's truth claims but to the manner in which Scripture was to be interpreted. In this book Michael Graves delves into what Christians in the first five centuries believed about the inspiration of Scripture, identifying the ideas that early Christians considered to be logical implications of biblical inspiration. Many books presume to discuss how some current trend relates to the traditional view of biblical inspiration; this one actually describes in a detailed and nuanced way what the traditional view is and explores the differences between ancient and modern assumptions on the topic. Accessible and engaging, The Inspiration and Interpretation of Scripture presents a rich network of theological ideas about the Bible together with critical engagement with the biblical text.
- Author BiographyMichael Graves is the Armerding Chair of Biblical Studies and associate professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College, Illinois. He is also the author of Jerome's Hebrew Philology.
- Author(s)Michael Graves
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight318 g
- Width240 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.