All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionGampopa (1070-1153) was the foremost student of the rewned yogi Milarepa and the founder of Mahamudra. His masterwork, A Precious Garland, offers precise instructions on what practitioners of varying levels need to kw to perfect their spiritual practice. Rinpoche's commentary explains correct view, meditation, and conduct, and offers frank answers to common questions concerning obstacles to Dharma practice.
- Author BiographyKhenpo Karthar, born in 1922 in eastern Tibet, entered Thrangu Monastery at the age of twelve, where he underwent many years of training, long retreats, pilgrimages, and philosophical studies. After the Chinese takeover of Tibet in 1959, Rinpoche escaped to India, where he taught for some years at Buxa and later at Rumtek Monastery in Sikkim. He served as abbot of Tashi Choling Monastery in Bhutan, and then at Tilokpur Nunnery in northern India. In 1978, the Sixteenth Karmapa sent Rinpoche to the United States to teach dharma and to serve as his chief representative in this country. Today Rinpoche is the abbot of Karma Triyana Dharmachakra Monastery in Woodstock, New York, and retreat master of the Karme Ling Three-Year Retreat Center.
- Author(s)Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1996
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSnow Lion Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byYeshe Gyamtso
- Volume editorDavid N. McCarthy,Laura M. Roth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.