All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionDo you want to be an independent management consultant? Or are you already consulting part time and want to figure out how to grow your business into a full time practice? Then this is the book for you. The Intentional Consultant details the personal story of the author who created a sustainable independent management consulting practice of over 20 years. The author reveals her secrets to success and useful steps to consider for those who intentionally plan to have a career as a business consultant and entrepreneur. Why do you want to be a consultant? What is it that you will be consulting about? Who will be your clients? Why will they come to you? Why will they pay you? How can you quit your day job to be able to work as a consultant full-time? What do you need to do to be able to build the consulting practice to sustain it over time? These are some of the core questions that this book will address. Many people dream about owning a business and what some people don't realize is that all businesses start small. And unlike many other businesses that sell products, consultants sell themselves. If you have the dream that you can be a business consultant, that you have skills that can be turned into services of some sort that customers will be willing to buy, then you can become a business consultant. You can become an intentional consultant. An intentional consultant is a person who plans their consulting practice and builds it for sustainability. It is t happenstance. It is t accidental. It is t something that you do until you find ather job. It is what you choose to do to develop a sustainable livelihood for yourself. And it can happen, but you must follow a process and be committed to it and probably work harder than most people, especially early on. So to change your dream into reality you must follow the process. Some of the process steps include preparing yourself to be consultant-things like gathering experiences, developing your initial business plan and building your credentials. The rest of the steps to building a sustainable consulting business are shared in detail in this book.
- Author BiographyDr. Devona Williams founded Goeins-Williams Associates, Inc. (GWA), a successful performance consulting business in 1986 to help organizations achieve greater productivity in strategic work environments. As President/CEO of GWA, Dr. Williams has contributed her talents to helping more than 40000 individuals in hundreds of organizations increase their performance and effectiveness. GWA focuses on People, Process and Performance and works with clients to develop solutions to meet organizational and individual objectives and achieve lasting results. The company provides a range of consulting services including assessments, focus groups, strategic planning, meeting facilitation, organizational and individual development. Williams is a professional speaker on business, diversity, leadership, motivation, and success and contributing author to the inspirational book, Remarkable Women and creator of the national best selling Spice of Life(r) Diversity Card training tool. Williams was recently named Entrepreneur of the Year by the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Psi Iota & Psi Epsilon Chapters. In 2009 GWA was named a Top 100 MBE in the region. The Denver Business Journal and the Delaware Today Magazine have recognized Williams and her business as Outstanding Woman Owned business in 2005 and 2006. GWA received the Marvin S. Gilman Superstars in Business Award in June 2000. Williams is an award-winning authorized distributor of training products including DISC with the Inscape Publishing Company since 1995. Williams served as the2008-2009 President for the National Association of Women Business Owners - and the former Director of Business & Community Relations and Member of the Year for the Denver Chapter. Williams is a mentor for aspiring entrepreneurs for Lincoln University's Mentorpreneur Program. Williams holds a doctorate in Urban Affairs & Public Policy, University of Delaware with a specialization in social policy, program planning, and analysis and an is an experienced assistant professor of Community Development and Leadership at the University of Delaware's School of Urban Affairs. In 1995, Williams was honored by the University of Delaware's Presidential Citation for Outstanding Achievement and the Distinguished Alumna Award from the University's College of Urban Affairs & Public Policy.
- Author(s)Dr Devona E G Williams
- Date of Publication05/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.