Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.05+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe inter-war years were, at the time, perceived to be years of crisis across the world. The First World War, 'the war to end all wars', had solved thing and its legacy was a world full of unresolved disputes and manifest ambiguities. Overy examines the Russian Revolution and its aftermath, the Wall Street Crash of 1929 and the subsequent ecomic crisis which struck at the very foundations of the capitalist world, and seeks to explain why dictatorships came to supplant democracy in Italy, Spain, Germany, the Baltic States and the Balkans, and why the world slid into war once more in 1939.
- Author BiographyR. J. Overy is Professor of History at the University of Exeter. He has written numerous books on the Third Reich, the Second World War and air warfare including: The Air War 1939-1945 (2nd ed., 2006), Why the Allies Won (2nd ed., 2006) and The Dictators: Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia (2004) which won both the Wolfson and the Hessell Tiltman Prizes for History in 2005.
- Author(s)Richard Overy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleSeminar Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width173 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.