All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe comparison of English Romantic and Chinese Classic lyrics in this book demonstrates the similarities and differences in the poets' ways of connecting the inner and outer worlds. It challenges Paul de Man's assertion that the merging of the internal and the external can never be reached in poetic language. The work also corrects misunderstandings about so-called Chinese nature poetry existing in previous comparisons, as well as contrasting inaccurate conclusions about the differences between English and Chinese poetry. More than thirty representative poems of well-kwn poets from each tradition are paired and discussed. The related poetics of the two traditions are also compared.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Zuoya Cao is an assistant professor of world literature at Lincoln University. She received her Ph.D. in comparative literature from Pennsylvania State University. In addition to articles in professional journals, she has also published fiction and poems.
- Author(s)Zuoya Cao
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAsian Thought and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.