All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArt continues to prove itself a sound, t to mention exhilarating and satisfying investment, and The International Art Markets shows the huge scope for diversification within that market. Despite ecomic uncertainty, in just over two years average prices in the top 10 per cent of the art market have risen by over 150 per cent in real US dollar terms. Further trading opportunities are w greater than ever. In 43 chapters, written by 58 mostly locally-based experts from the art trade, it covers 21 countries from Europe, 12 from Asia and Australasia, five from South America, four from the Middle East and Africa, and two from North America. Each chapter provides the following essential information you need to understand the market in each country: art market history including taste, fashion, value, artists, art types, subjects, sales, prices and records; market structure and performance, including auctioneers, dealers, trade associations, museums, exhibitions, fairs, training and education; and tax and regulation. Comprehensive, informed and packed with valuable information, The International Art Markets will be the first point of reference for art collectors and investors and anyone who wants to understand the ermous breadth and complexity of the world's art markets. To complement this book, some of the individual countries featured in the text are accompanied by additional online material on the historical background of their particular market.
- Author BiographyJames Goodwin writes and lectures on the art markets and ancient furniture. His writing and research has appeared in The Economist, Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal, as well as numerous art and antiques magazines.
- Author(s)James Goodwin
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2009
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight686 g
- Width171 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.