Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionCultures of Professional Development for Teachers - Editor B atrice Boufoy-Bastick This International Handbook of Cultures of Professional Development for Teachers is one of the books in the Analytrics 'Cultures of Education' series. The series editor is Guy Tchibozo, Professor of Education at The University of Limoges, France. This volume is edited by B atrice Boufoy-Bastick an International University Exchange Coordinator, Senior Lecturer in French and TESOL and researcher in the field of Culturometrics at the University of the West Indies in Trinidad This volume, from over one-hundred international experts on Teacher Development, responds to a need to reposition Teachers' Professional Development as a more constructivist-based holistic endeavour that squarely addresses those important positive attributes of teachers' professionalism that are more difficult to objectively define and measure; such as personal culture and commitment, professional flexibility and enactment of change. This endeavour recognises and enhances that natural creative potential that makes teachers central change agents in the lives of their students and in the shaping of society. It does so by integrating the traditional areas of the subject within the embedded ability structure of Reflection in Collaboration within Policy and Management. It then addresses the theory and pedagogy of the subject by reframing its fundamental processes within the Culturometric framework of Committed Communication. The teachable structure and processes are illustrated by common issues of international concern in Teachers' Professional Development from twenty-one countries around the world.
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date29/10/2012
- Weight1569 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byB Atrice Boufoy-Bastick
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.