All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionEmily Dickinson's poetry is kwn and read worldwide but to date there have been studies of her reception and influence outside America. This collection of essays brings together international research on her reception abroad including translations, circulation and the responses of private and professional readers to her poetry in different countries. The contributors address key translations of individual poems and lyric sequences; Dickinson's influence on other writers, poets and culture more broadly; biographical constructions of Dickinson as a poet; the political cultural and linguistic contexts of translations; and adaptations into other media. It will appeal to all those interested in the international reception of Dickinson and nineteenth-century American literature more widely.
- Author BiographyDomhnall Mitchell is Professor of 19th century American Literature in the Department of Modern Languages at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. Maria Stuart is College Lecturer in American Literature in the School of English and Drama at University College Dublin, Ireland.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/05/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContinuum Reception Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDomhnall Mitchell,Maria Stuart
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.