All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis fine collection of essays offers a wide range of new and original perspectives on Strindberg and his relation to modern and contemporary literature. By using Strindberg as a fulcrum or spring board, the volume opens a unique and unusual historical perspective on Europe and European literature. One of the important values of The International Strindberg is that it will appeal to a variety of readers, since the essays cover such a diverse range of approaches. The introduction is particularly impressive because it both sets up the value of looking at Strindberg from a twenty-first century perspective and suggests how that can and should be done. The volume demonstrates the variety of ways in which Strindberg s work can be seen and discussed in light of twentieth and even twenty-first century literature.
- Author BiographyAnna Westerstahl Stenport is the director of the Scandinavian Program and an associate professor in the departments of Germanic Languages and Literatures, Comparative and World Literature, Media and Cinema Studies, Theatre, Gender and Women s Studies, and Criticism and Interpretive Theory, and in the Global Studies Program in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences at the University of Illinois.
- Author(s)Anna Westerstahl Stenport
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.