Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.06Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionSaturday, 28 January 1967. It is a day like any other for eighteen-year-old Danny, pulling pints behind the bar of the International Hotel in Belfast, watching the comings and goings of the eccentric clientele. But ordinary days like this are almost over. The hotel has already been witness to the city's dark tendencies - Danny's job was only secured after ather barman was shot. And with the inaugural meeting of the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association the following day, Belfast is on the cusp of changing forever ...Widely praised by writers and critics, including Colm Toibin and A.L. Kennedy, The International is 'the best book about the Troubles ever written'. The book also contains an essay by Glenn Patterson and a critical essay by Anne Enright. Glenn Patterson is also the author of Burning Your Own, Fat Lad and The Third Party, all published by Blackstaff Press.
- Author BiographyGlenn Patterson is the author of eight previous novels, including Burning Your Own, Fat Lad, The International - 'the best novel about the Troubles ever written' (Anne Enright) - and The Third Party. He is the co-writer of Good Vibrations (BBC Films/The Works), an award-winning movie based on the life of Belfast punk impresario Terri Hooley.
- Author(s)Glenn Patterson
- PublisherBlackstaff Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBelfast
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackstaff Press Ltd
- Weight293 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.