All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about people - extraordinary people who have the unique mindset and capability to survive and thrive in the complex and often confounding world of global business. Based on interviews with more than 100 internationalistsA from all corners of the world, and supplemented with academic research, the book analyzes and identifies those characteristics, shows how their presence benefits organizations, then offers strategies for companies to find, to use, and to keep this important human capital. The author answers these questions while demonstrating what it means to organizational effectiveness to have internationalist skills in leadership and management ranks. * What is a global mindset and how does it affect business success? * Who is an internationalist and how are they different? * Why are they important to growing global companies? * How can they be identified? * What strategies can be employed to find them, manage them wisely, and keep them? * How should corporate leaders think about them and drive that kwledge throughout their organizations? Included in the book are profiles of individual internationalists from entry level to senior executive, analyzing their characteristics and illustrating what they have in common, as well as descriptions of successful global companies led by those who recognize and utilize their unique talents.
- Author BiographyA senior professional with over 30 years experience, Catherine W. Scherer has combined expertise in international management consulting, corporate restructuring, marketing and business development. She is the author of The Internationalists, a book for for which she conducted research on four continents. She is also the author of a series of books for young people, intended to educate future internationalists. To her credit are also numerous articles and training programs.
- Author(s)Catherine W. Scherer
- PublisherBusiness Expert Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSterling Forest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBusiness Expert Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.