Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionEmotions are an elemental part of life - they imbue our existence with meaning and purpose, and influence how we engage with the world around us. But we do t just feel our own emotions; we typically express them in the presence of other people. How do our emotional expressions affect others? Moving beyond the traditional intrapersonal perspective, this is the first book dedicated to exploring the pervasive interpersonal dynamics of emotions. Integrating existing theory and research, van Kleef develops the Emotions as Social Information (EASI) theory, a groundbreaking comprehensive framework that explains how emotional expressions influence observers across all domains of life, from close relationships to group settings, conflict and negotiation, customer service, and leader-follower relations. His deeply social perspective sheds new light on the fundamental question of why we have emotions in the first place - the social influence emotions engender may very well constitute their raison d'etre.
- Author BiographyGerben A. van Kleef is Professor of Social Psychology at the University of Amsterdam. He obtained his PhD from the University of Amsterdam in 2004 and has held visiting appointments at the University of California, Berkeley, and Columbia University. He received numerous awards for his scholarship, including the best dissertation award of the International Association for Conflict Management, the early career award of the European Association of Social Psychology, and the most influential paper award of the Academy of Management. He is currently Chair of the Social Psychology department at the University of Amsterdam and Associate Editor of Social Psychological and Personality Science.
- Author(s)Gerben A. van Kleef
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudies in Emotion and Social Interaction
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.