All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionJulius, a telephone interpreter, works from his bedroom in Bues Aires interpreting phone calls between Lithuanian immigrants and United Kingdom Social Services and the East London Women's Health Clinic. Julius himself is an immigrant, first to the United States, then to Argentina. Julius's Argentine partner, Xavier, was also an immigrant, but has w returned home to Bues Aires to enjoy an early retirement. However, peace and quiet in their household is disrupted by the constant phone calls from Julius's countrymen, who are in trouble abroad. Julius's professionalism begins to crumble when he is unexpectedly reunited with his childhood first love, Joana, through a random phone call. The growing bond between Julius and Joana adds to the tension and forces Julius to finally face himself and come to terms with his past.
- Author BiographyLaima Vince is a graduate of the Writing Division at Columbia University School of the Arts. She was been twice awarded a Fulbright in Creative Writing and is a recipient of the National Endowment for the Arts grant in Literature. Laima Vince is the author of three works of literary nonfiction, a novel, and a play. She is also a well-known literary translator from Lithuanian into English.
- Author(s)Laima Vince
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.