All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis book features the social literacy of scholarship. Intersectionality, or the consideration of race, class, and gender, is one of the prominent contemporary theoretical contributions made by scholars in the field of women's studies that w broadly extends across the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. Taking stock of this transformative paradigm, The Intersectional Approach guides new and established researchers to engage in a critical reflection about the broad adoption of intersectionality that constitutes what the editors call a new 'social literacy' for scholars. In eighteen essays, contributors examine various topics of interest to students and researchers from a feminist perspective as well as through their respective disciplines, looking specifically at gender inequalities related to globalization, health, motherhood, sexuality, body image, and aging. Together, these essays provide a critical overview of the paradigm, highlight new theoretical and methodological advances, and make a strong case for the continued use of the intersectional approach both within the borders of women's and gender studies and beyond.
- Author BiographyMICHELE TRACY BERGER is associate professor of women's studies and adjunct professor of political science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. KATHLEEN GUIDROZ is assistant professor of sociology at Mount St. Mary's University.
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note1 illustration, 2 figs., 5 tables, notes, bibl., index
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKathleen Guidroz,Michele Tracy Berger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.