All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionFor two centuries, according to Alain Dieckhoff, the Jews were remarkable experimenters. Reacting to the challenge of modernity, Jews followed two, often torturously contradictory paths-the path of assimilation (bourgeois or socialist) and that of nationalism.This book provides a comprehensive overview of the various ideologies that have constituted Zionism, ranging from Marxist-Zionism to National Religious Zionism to that of the far-right Abba Achimeir. Unlike other studies of the topic, this book makes explicit the debt the Zionists owed to French thinkers and European ideologues, tably those associated with the French Revolution and the Enlightenment.
- Author BiographyAlain Dieckhoff is a research fellow at the Centre d'Etudes et Recherches Internationales (CERI), part of the Fondation Nationale des Sciences Politiques in Paris, France.
- Author(s)Alain Dieckhoff
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2003
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width162 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byJonathan Derrick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.